About Stop Live Exports
Click on the tabs below to view information:
Stop Live Exports is committed to ending the export of live animals for slaughter.
We were founded in the mid-nineties under the name of People Against Cruelty in Animal Transport (PACAT). In 2008, we decided to change our name as our focus is on ending live exports, although we do get involved in other transportation and animal welfare issues.
Our members come from all walks of life, including:
- Local residents disgusted with the stench, road noise and dust from the trucks, as well as the sight of distressed animals.
- Former meat workers who have lost their jobs to the live export trade as well as current meat workers
- People who are concerned about animal welfare
- Community leaders who see the expansion of the chilled meat trade as a much better alternative to live exports
- Farmers who are concerned about how their animals are treated once they have left their care.
The common goal we all share is the end of live animal export.
Stop Live Exports is coordinated by part-time Campaign Manager, Katrina Love and a volunteer committee which oversees the strategic direction of the organisation.
Stop Live Exports Videos