Cattle truck Fremantle
Sheep truck Fremantle
Trucks Fremantle port
Ships Fremantle Port
Roped steer Mauritius 2013
Sheep to slaughter Jordan 2014
Fremantle Rally October 2012
Make a donation via GiveNow
Sign up for our action alerts to ensure you don't miss anything
STOP LIVE EXPORTS NINTH ANNUAL HUMAN CHAIN SUNDAY 6 OCTOBER at 10.45AM ON FREMANTLE'S STIRLING BRIDGE
Yes folks, you heard us right - our NINTH HUMAN CHAIN. We vowed back in 2011, that we would get as many compassionate people as possible, from all walks of life, onto this bridge that has seen tens of millions of animals cross it on the way to Fremantle Port, until the day we see an end to this heinous and unconscionable trade in cruelty.
The focus of this particular event, is and always has been, showing the diversity of people who oppose live animal exports - vets, truckies, farmers, meat-eaters, vegans, doctors, lawyers, teachers, animal activists, students, retirees. The only common denominator, is that we all hate cruelty to animals.
NOW MORE THAN EVER, we need to keep the numbers high. Last year we had a record attendance of over 1400 people; to get less there this year risks sending a message to the live export-loving coalition government, that they have won and we have given up.
Please, WILL YOU JOIN US?
- Wear BLACK. If you order your black STOP LIVE EXPORTS T shirt from our website by Tuesday 1 October, we will post it to you by Express for no extra charge so that you have it by Sunday 6 October.
- Wear your A4 "I AM A ___________ STILL OPPOSED TO LIVE EXPORTS" sign around your neck or pinned to your shirt.
Download HERE and wear thus:
- Bring five friends (or three at least!)
- Please don't bring any other signs unless they are small (A3 or smaller) and on paper, cloth or material that won't cause any damage to anyone, or be a traffic hazard if the wind catches it
- It gets very windy and sometimes quite cold on the bridge - please wear wind protection, and sunscreen - very easy to get burnt in just an hour
- Nothing can be thrown from, suspended from or attached to the bridge. We have a great relationship with the police, and we want to keep it that way. Please follow all directions of both the police in attendance, and any Stop Live Exports marshalls
- No promotional, educational or advertising material may be handed out on the bridge, unless it is expressly authorised by Stop Live Exports
- Stop Live Exports reserves the right to refuse any signs being carried onto the bridge
SEE YOU THERE!
Stop Live Exports
Stop Live Exports is committed to ending the export of live animals for slaughter.
Live Exports, Cruel and Unnecessary
Australia currently exports approximately three million live animals (mostly cattle and sheep, but also buffalo, goats, deer and camels) for slaughter every year; around sixty percent of those will have their throats cut whilst fully conscious and many will be subjected to handling and treatment that would be illegal here.
We believe there is a way forward that will not only not disadvantage Australian jobs or farmers, but will actually create more jobs, be beneficial for the economy and most importantly, reduce animal suffering and cruelty.
You can help make a difference by joining Stop Live Exports as a member, make a donation or purchase from our online store. All proceeds go directly towards our continued efforts to stop the cruelty of Australian live animal exports.